Nokia Lumia 505
- 2G Network GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G Network HSDPA 2100 MHz
- Announced Dec, 2012
- Languages Supported English
- Networks NA
- Operating System Microsoft Windows Phone 7.8
- Shades Available Black, White, Red, Pink
- Form Factor Bar
- Height 118 mm
- Thickness 11 mm
- Weight 131 gms
- Width 61 mm
- Battery Type Standard Li-ion 1300 mAh
- Standby Time 600.00 hours
- Talktime 7.00 hours
Internet & Connectivity
- Bluetooth v2.1(EDR)
- Data Speed HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA
- EDGE Up to 236.8 kbps
- GPRS Up to 85.6 kbps
- USB Connectivity
- WAP NA
- Wi-Fi Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Accessories Charger, Headset, USB Cable
- Alarm Clock
- In-built Torch
- Java No
- Office Applications
- Other Features - Sensors : Proximity - Browser : HTML5 - SNS integration - Protection : Corning Gorilla Glass
- Voice Dialing
- Voice Memo
- 3.5mm Jack
- FM Radio
- Games Yes
- Image Viewer
- MP3 Player
- Video Player
- Video Recording
- Voice Recording
- Auto Focus
- Camera MP 8.0 MP
- Face Detection
- Photo Resolution 3264x2448 pixels
- Primary Camera NA
- Secondary Camera
- Smile Detection
- Video Resolution VGA @ 30fps
- Display Colors 65000
- Display Type AMOLED
- Handwriting Recognition
- Scratch Resistant Display
- Screen Resolution (H) 480 pixels
- Screen Resolution (V) 800 pixels
- Screen Size 3.7 inch
- Ringtones Polyphonic, MIDI, MP3
- Messaging SMS, MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- QWERTY keypad
- T9 Dictionary
- Call Log Yes
- Internal Memory 4 GB, 256 MB
- Memory Card Slot No
- Phonebook Capacity Yes, 1000 entries
- Ease of Use
- Overall Rating
- Value For Money
- Processor 800 MHz
Blockbuster Lumia Series Phone
Overview of Nokia Lumia 505
Nokia Lumia 505 is one of the Lumia Family smart phones that was released in December 2012 and has received rave reviews as yet another Nokia blockbuster. It is basically a low-end Smartphone that can operate on both 2G and 3G networks, and is quite similar to the Nokia Lumia 800.
Nokia Lumia 505 Design and Build Quality
This phone has the classy Smartphone look and is available in a variety of colors such as pink, red, white and black. The display screen is the AMOLED touchscreen type measuring 3.7 inches. The screen can display 65K colors. The phone measures 118.1 x 61.2 x 11.3 mm and weighs 131g. Nokia Lumia 505 comes with a standard 1300mAh Li-Ion battery that can support seven and a half hours talk time when on 2G network and seven and a quarter hours when on 3G network. Standby time is 670 hours for 2G and 600 hours for 3G.The battery can also support 36 hours of music playing.
User Interface and Comfort to Use Nokia Lumia 505
Nokia Lumina 505 uses a Microsoft Windows Phone 7.8 OS. Its user interface is intuitive and user-friendly. The phone’s main memory is 4GB, which is quite low. There is no Memory Card slot.
Telephone and Phonebook
Nokia Lumia 505 can support 1000 phonebook entries and store up to 500 SMSs.
Messaging and Email
This phone fully supports SMS and MMS, email, Push Email and IM.
Gallery and Photo Viewer and Video Player
This phone has a high quality video camera. The video player delivers good quality video at 30 fps.
Nokia Lumia 505 Music Player and FM Radio
This phone has MP3 and MP4 music players that can deliver high quality sound. The phone does not have an FM radio.
Nokia Lumia 505 Camera and Image Quality
Nokia Lumia 505 has an excellent 8 megapixel primary camera but no flash. There is no secondary VGA camera available. Picture quality is excellent.
Nokia Lumia 505 Connectivity Options
The connectivity options for this phone include:
- EDGE, 237 Kbps
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- GPRS ,85.6 Kbps
- MicroUSB v 2.0 port
- Bluetooth v2.1 with EDR and A2DP
- Data transfer speeds are 21Mbps for HSDPA and 5.76 Mbps for HSUPA.
Organizer and Other Utility Tools
Nokia Lumia 505 comes with all standard organizer tools such as Calendar, Currency Converter, Calculator, and World Clock, just to mention a few.
Web Browser and Applications
Nokia Lumia 505 uses a HTML 5 web browser. There are many applications available such as Nokia Drive, Nokia Maps, Nokia Music, and Nokia Transport.
Google Maps and GPS
This phone has both Google Maps as well as GPS.
Distinctive Features of Nokia Lumia 505
Nokia Lumia 505 comes with a host of distinctive features such as:
- Accelerometer with gyros and proximity.
- Microsoft Office.
- HTML 5 web browser SNS Integration.
- The phone does not support Java apps.
Value for Money
The official price of Nokia Lumia 505 in India is currently unknown.
Although the price of Nokia Lumia 505 is as-yet unknown, it is expected to be quite low, especially considering the absence of features such as a secondary camera, memory card slot and Java support. If its price turns out to be in the sub-10K range, then it definitely is a good buy. If it turns out to be higher than 12K, there will be serious concerns about its low 4GB memory that owners cannot extend due to lack of a memory card slot.
Nokia Lumia 505: News
- Nokia launches Lumia 505 in Mexico 15 Jan, 2013 10:43 AM | 68 views